Re: Tonight's snapshot

  In message <19990716002309.B164@zip.com.au>you write:
  > What I was wondering about is will it be buggier for the ppro's now then
  > it was in egcs 1.1.2. I compile -everything- with -march=pentiumpro. From
  > glibc to egcs to X. Infact my entire system was built up from scratch
  > with that as an option.
I would not expect it to be buggier, quite the opposite.  As for this
particular
bug I think it existed in 1.1.2, though it may not have triggered quite as
often.

  > So, in the end I'm wondering will things that worked before break now? :)
Not unusual at all.  Triggering a specific path through the compiler is
difficult.  Subtle changes earlier in the compiler can radically change
paths later in the compiler.  I believe that was the case for this particular
problem in fact.
jeff