The egcs server

As some of you may have noticed, the egcs machine kind of went south last
night and for large parts of today.

Basically we finally pushed it too far.  We hit one (or more) limits in the
kernel, some servers died, the snapshot process broke and the machine was
unbelievably slow.

There are both short and long term plans to solve these problems.  I'm hoping
to have the first stop-gap measures in place by this time next week and the
first of the longer term measures in place within the next few weeks.

jeff