Re: sparc vs lapack

>   1. If the existing ABI of -femulate-complex was to treat the complex
>      value as a struct with two FP values, a complex value can never be
>      passed in FP regs (given structure passing conventions in existing
>      known ABIs).

??
Sparc v9 is an example of ABI which passes struct with two FP values in two
FP registers.

>   3. And thinking back on the gcc regression tests, it has typically only been
>      64bit targets that have shown problems with the tests which use the
>      __complex__ extension in C.

For Sparc v9 this is I believe fixed by the SUBREG_BYTE changes.

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
UltraLinux  |  http://ultra.linux.cz/  |  http://ultra.penguin.cz/
Linux version 2.3.10 on a sparc64 machine (1343.49 BogoMips)