Re: Bug with g77 and -mieee on Alpha Linux

  In message <378A8274.D7309E6A@verinet.com>you write:
  > I pushed on this hard enough that I hacked up gdb to print out
  > the x86 FP registers in both hex and float decimal, along with intepreted
  > values of the control registers and a TOS marker.  It helped a lot.
  > (This is for an older gdb, and I haven't converted it to a patch, but
  > I'll be happy to ship the file to someone to convert it to a newer
  > gdb; the changes should be easily portable.)
I would strongly recommend you get this stuff to the gdb folks.  They're
in the process of trying to beef up gdb's handling of the floating point
unit.  This is precisely the kind of thing that it would be great to have
in gdb.

jeff