Re: gcc-2.95 version

  In message <928149590013768@caramail.com>you write:

  > In the gcc-2_95-branch, the version string is "gcc-2.95
  > 1999XXXXX (prerelease)"
  > What for "gcc-"  ?. Older gcc use only the version number.
  > The problem is that it create a "gcc-2.95" directory in
  > gcc-lib/$(arch) instead of "2.95"
This was done when the project was the egcs project.  ie it was entirely
possible that without that prefix that the gcc2 project and the egcs
project would have had conflicting version #s.

I would expect the prefix to be removed before gcc-2.95 is actually released.
The only reason it has not been removed yet is I have not had time to update
the various automated scripts which read/edit the version file.

jeff