Re: G++ test failure analysis

  In message <orpv278zed.fsf@cupuacu.lsd.dcc.unicamp.br>you write:
  > On Jul  4, 1999, Robert Lipe <robertl@sco.com> wrote:
  >
  > > conpr-*.C
  > > 	allegedly known failures.
  >
  > shouldn't they be marked as XFAILs for the release?
No.  The testsuite is 100% frozen.  This happens as soon as we start regression
testing for the release to ensure that everyone is testing with the identical
testsuite.

  > > g++-ext/attrib5.C
  > > 	collect2: ld returned 13 exit status
  >
  > IMO, this should only be run on targets that support aliases, but we'd
  > have to find out which they are.
There's actually some working happening in the testsuite framework which will
allow us to do stuff like "skip this test if the target does not support weak
symbols".  Right now I think we can trigger tests based on the object format,
it's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.

jeff