Re: Testsuite Results for gcc-2.96 19990628

On Jun 30, 1999, David Ronis <ronis@onsager.chem.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> -O3 -march=pentium -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -fforce-mem
> -fforce-addr -malign-double -malign-jumps=2 -malign-loops=2 -malign-functions=2

You'd better use contrib/test_summary to submit your results, and set
BOOT_CFLAGS so that test_summary includes this data in your posts.

> Of course, if the compiler generates bad code when building itself,
> then why should we trust it for anything else with optimization
> turned on.  This is clearly a problem.

Based on Thomas Kunert's post, I suspect the problem has to do with
inlining of some function called from __throw() that makes assumptions
about stack frames that do not hold when it is inlined.  I'll
investigate and try to fix it for the release, even if this means
adding some -fno-some-optimization when compiling the eh module of
libgcc.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}