Re: m68k-openbsd -fpic fix

Jeffrey A Law <law@cygnus.com> writes:

|> The other simple things we can do to greatly improve the m68k PIC support
|> would be to mark the PIC register as fixed and kill the FINALIZE_PIC
|> nonsense (those generate wrong code as opposed to compiler aborts).

That would be bad.  Unlike other targets, on the m68k there is actually no
fixed PIC register (you can use any other address register instead), and a
function that accesses no global data does not need it at all (function
calls don't need the PIC register).

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de                      completely different"