Re: gcc-2.95 status

In article <5777.930270167@upchuck.cygnus.com> you write:

>  In message <199906241346.PAA01577@quatramaran.ens.fr>you write:
>  > See http://egcs.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-bugs/1999-05/msg00764.html
>  > for an example of how critical it is.
>I've already stated that bug is unlikely to get fixed.

>gcc-2.x has the same bug, you just have been lucky and haven't tripped
>over it.

Sure, some bug that kills utterly simple X windows code on m68k code...
that already existed in gcc 2.8.x, but that I *never* encountered with
2.8.1.

Why don't we declare the m68k dead while we're at it ? scrap mac68k,
exit amiga, no more atari St, and sell hp300 for scrap metal.

Now, bother about some fucked up linux code instead that does stuff it's
not supposed to, which isn't portable at all, and for which there is even
a known technique using union...

Not wanting to start a flamewar, don't bother answering... I just need
to get this out of my system.