Re: g77: Namelist entry as dummy argument: permitted by the Standard.

>[ the wording is that of the upcoming F2K standard, but the crux remains
>  the same: scalar dummy arguments are not excluded ]

For now, g77 doesn't support full F90 in this regard -- can't recall
if F90 prohibited this offhand, actually -- but VAX/VMS Fortran did,
back when I checked many moons ago, and f2c prohibits it as well.

Still, we should probably put this on the long list of features to be
added someday...though perhaps F90 support, generally, covers it.

And, I don't know that it'd be very hard to implement.  It would
need careful attention of somebody having a fair amount of
expertise in g77 internals, probably a couple of days' work or so,
to ensure that the NAMELIST data structures were implemented so they
could be statically *or* dynamically initialized, depending on whether
any dummy arguments were involved.

Speaking of which, in a sense, this is probably tied/tiable to a
larger project to make g77 support RECURSIVE and/or generate thread-
safe code.  It gets into the same kinds of issues.

        tq vm, (burley)