Re: A new ia32 backend

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, Richard Henderson wrote:
> On behalf of Cygnus, I am pleased to be able to donate a new back end
> for the IA-32 architecture.  The work was done under contract to Intel,
> and focused on better optimization for the Pentium II core.

Cool!  Richard, I'd like to add this as an annoucement on our home page.

Would you mind destilling a paragraph from your full announcement? I guess
we will also want to publish the announcement itself, as we have done in
the case of

  February 26, 1999
      Richard Henderson of Cygnus Solutions has donated a major rewrite of
      the control flow analysis pass of the compiler.

I suggest that you either go ahead and install changes to our home page
as well as a new file ia32.html (or similiar) or contact me by private
e-mail and we'll handle that HTML stuff together.

(In the first case, please submit these as patches to egcs-patches
afterwards.)

Gerald