Re: preprocessor bug: -MD option assumes file.o as output

Brian Ford wrote:
> I ran in to what I would consider a bug in the preprocessor when using the
> -MD option to create dependancy information.  It seems to always assume
> that file.c's compiled result is file.o even if an explicit -o flag was
> given.  This seems like something that could easily be fixed.  Any
> comments?

Yes it's a pain isn't it?

That's why I use the undocumented SUNPRO_DEPENDENCIES environment
variable -- you can set the target name.

DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT is similar and documented, but the dependencies list
is wrong in other ways.  (Sorry I forget quite why -- I can dig for the
comment if anyone cares).

-- Jamie