RE: Undefined symbols on libstdc++ test tlist.cc (i586-dg-dguxR4.20MU03)

> This is a patch from 1998.  I've seen the problems with 'undefined
> name: .L_TXXXXX' since then and I'm seeing it now.  Are you
> saying that
> tlist.cc compiles for you with dwarf1 in the current 2.95 code?

No, tlist.cc does not compile properly for me.

> Was this patch possibly to be reverted instead of applied?

I don't think so, since its description was to catch an extra case in the RTL tree.  According to Jim's original message:

"This is related to the C++ namespace changes.

We are emitting bad assembly code for the built-in "global type" which is
used to represent the global namespace.  dwarf2out.c has slightly different
code, and doesn't run into this problem.  Since I have no easy way to
reproduce the problem, I tried writing the safest dwarfout.c patch to avoid it."

It looks to me like there are other cases that should be skipped.  I'm just starting to try to debug the compiler, but since the dwarf1 generator seems to have a problem and that's all I can use, I'm not sure I'll be successful.

   Eric Raskin