Re: G++ static assignment / initialization

Jeff> Right.  I think I remember several ports needed some tweaking to handle bss,
Jeff> but not common symbols.  Maybe the work was never done for the PPC (or I'm
Jeff> getting confused with some other issue :-)

	If someone can point me to the necessary changes to handle this, I
would look into it as it is a colossal waste of space.

	For instance on AIX, gcc places all of the following into BSS but
g++ places it all into initialized data:

int a;
float b;
char buf[32];
struct {
    double x;
    short y;
    long z;
} S;

Thanks, David

	P.S. If anybody can provide some more insight into the static
assignment occurring at runtime instead of compile time, I would
appreciate it.