C++ debugging on Solaris x86

Hello,

	Can someone please tell me if it is possible to get fully
functional C++ debugging on Solaris x86 7, or if this is a known
problem with egcs/gcc and/or gdb?  If I do a backtrace in gdb of C++
code I cannot examine function arguments or local variables of
anything defined in a header file (e.g. any inline member functions or
templates in a header).  Stuff defined in normal source files is okay.
I know that this works okay on SPARC/Solaris and Intel/Linux.  I've
noticed there are a number of options when building egcs and/or gdb
that might be relevant (--with-dwarf2, --with-stabs etc.) but I've
played around with a few of these with no joy.  It's annoying to have
to move my code to a Linux box to do any serious debugging.

Thanks.

--
James Macnicol
j-macnicol@adfa.edu.au