commercial use of egcs and/or gcc

Hello.  I'm trying to find out if my company uses egcs and/or gcc to
compile proprietary commercial software, can that software be sold
commercially WITHOUT releasing the source code or if I use egcs/gcc to
build an application must I make the source to the application that I build
available as well?  Where can get formal/official information on use of GNU
software in commercial software development?

Thanks in advance for your time...

Peace.....

Tom Williams
tom.williams@diversifiedsoftware.com