Re: Volunteer for gcc-2.95 testing of all kinds

  In message <000901bea0a4$79afd600$0100a8c0@speedbros.com>you write:
  > To Jeff
  >
  >     I am volunteering to do testing with gcc-2.95 of all natures, I seem to
  > have a couple of free months till mid july with nothing to do  so i'm worki
  > on creating my own personal version of Linux. I had been using egcs-1.1.2
  > and have a system based on glibc6 2.1.1pre1 booting and close to being able
  > to compile on its own. The point is i will be doing TONS of compiling over
  > the next couple months and dont mind doing some to help the cause.
  > ive got 4 boxes with linux on them 1 k6-2 300 2 k6-300 and 1 k6-233, which
  > also make me willing to do k6 testing, note all but one k6-300 is using
  > glibc-5 slackware 3-6 2.0.35 kernel, the other glibc-6 2.1.1pre1 2.2.9
  > kernel.
What we really need is someone to coordinate testing with the various
volunteers.  ie, someone to keep track of who is testing the platforms on
the test matrix, regressions on those platforms and the like.  If you could
tackle that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Generally we don't have a lot of trouble getting folks to run lots of code
through the compiler :-)  The tougher job is to keep track of the platforms
on the matrix and make sure they are properly regression tested and that all
regressions are fixed.

jeff