Test code / speed optimizations

Greetings,

Few days ago I wrote an email to Mr. Khan who direct me at this address. I
was testing the execution speed of DLLs compiled with EGCS, Borland C++ and
Visual C++ using maximum optimizations and found that VC produces the
fastest code with no competition, BC is sometimes faster then EGCS or have
very similar results to EGCS with unroll-loops. I noticed that VC with
maximum optimizations spend much more time than EGCS on optimizing code,
probably doing some timing tests and passing trough code many times. This
can be easily noticed when you compile C files which have more than 3,000
lines.

Here is the link to archive containing some source code and comparision data:
http://www.gromada.com/temp/egcsmpeg.zip
See readme.txt in egcsmpeg.zip for more info.

Please note that I currently work on Win32 using Pascal and assembler so
I'm not an expert in C. A year ago I was working with GCC on SCO and SunOS
and have plans to transfer all of my work to C and hopefully start
producing Linux/Solaris software.

Best wishes with the new GCC 2.95 and keep up with the good work.

Robert