Re: query re compile/961203-1.c

  In message <19990503201643.W738@rjlhome.sco.com>you write:
  > > 961203-1.c has to do with the handling of ridiculously large structs.
  > [ munch ]
  > > However, it appears to compile just fine with current CVS and with 1.1.2
  > > on i586-pc-linux-gnu, which is 32 bit; cc1 completes in 0.04 sec and
  >
  > OpenServer was one of the targets that was crippled by this test.  I
  > just checked the trunk and it no longer depletes VM so I'm guessing that
  > things are indeed different.
  >
  > When you say that the code works correctly, you mean that it does
  > "correctly" take a SIGSEGV when dereferencing the pointer 'p' that is
  > set to zero, right?
Note, when you run the testsuite, it will not actually try to compile
this test.  It just marks it as failed (expected) and goes to the next test.

If it's being run on via the testsuite, then something is wrong.

As it turns out I believe the compiler may know enough to not blow its
cookies on this test anymore (due to some unrelated changes).  But I haven't
tested it.

jeff