RE: Help with DG/UX Intel port

  I compared gcc/xgcc with gcc/stage2/xgcc by taking a hex dump of each and
using sdiff to compare the hex dumps.  They are different throughout the
file,
not just at the beginning.  Unfortunately, I don't know enough to tell what
particular section it's in (.text or .data), but I know that it is
throughout
the file.  So, I assume that the compiler is creating different code.

  I built the stage 1 compiler using 2.8.1.  I can also build it using
2.7.2,
if you think that would make a difference.  (2.7.2 is the compiler actually
released with DG/UX.  I built 2.8.1 myself from the gnu distribution).

  Otherwise, is there anything else I might try before I give up?  And, do
you
still want the patches I had to produce to get this far?

Eric H. Raskin                              Voice:  914-769-7100 x321
President, CSC Division                     Fax:    914-769-8070
The Listworks Corp.                         E-Mail: ehr@listworks.com
1 Campus Drive
Pleasantville, NY 10570