Re: Support for C++ on the power pc

Mike Johnston wrote:

> From other postings, I've seen, it seems the GNU C++ compiler bundled
> into wind rivers development package is old and, for one thing, does not
> support exceptions.

I have built egcs-1.1.2 as a crosscompiler for i386-wrs-vxworks, but I need
to specify -fno-exceptions while recompiling my C++ code to be able to load
it into the kernel. I mean the kernel built with WRS compiler.

I'd be very glad to learn whether it is possible to recompile the kernel
with the new compiler I built to enable exceptions.

And how harmful would it be to mix the kernel built with gcc 2.7.2 from WRS
and the applications built with egcs?

Really I rebuilt the kernel (both vxWorks and vxWorks.st) with the new
compiler but it's not an easy exercise (especially for *.st) and I cannot
be sure that everything is ok.

Alexander