Re: __register_frame_info & share library compatibility

> At minimum, it's worth at least reducing the size of the patches you must
> do on your own, so that your maintainance work in the future is
> simplified.

That I am working on right now.  However, there are some changes that I
do not think are appropate to send back -- both FreeBSD and NetBSD have
added printf-like formatting changes that are mostly used in the kernel
code.

However my hope is to submit most of the chagnes to the various freebsd.h
config files.  That would help considerably.

The other is to change the "freebsdelf" target to "freebsd".  We are ELF
since 3.0 and will continue to be so forever.  Our OS name is "freebsd"
and that is what I, our developers and core group wants to be known as.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)