Re: Mark Mitchell as C++ co-maintainer

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, Joe Buck wrote:

> RMS's view on computer security is overly romantic and assumes that
> human beings are more decent than many of them they actually are.
> I'm sure he's deeply wounded by this incident.

Well, at least it will teach him a much-needed lesson in security. You
cannot trust anyone.

As for the tosser who broke into the server, I would hope the FBI will
deal most severely with him.

It seems there's been a lot of this recently - I have been the victim of a
mass mail-bomb last night. Thank God for Unix systems.

Cheers,
Alex
--
"A mind opened by new ideas can never return to its original limits"

http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk