Re: changing fp insns to parallels...

Richard Henderson writes:

 > My favorite representation at the moment is to expose the
 > extra-architectual fp stack pointer to the compiler, and use a
 > new rtx `indreg' to indicate indirection on a register as opposed
 > to a memory.  Pushes and pops are easiest to represent as
 > PRE_INC/POST_DEC.

I like this approach since it describes to GCC what the hardware is
doing, however, I would prefer a more general mechanism than indreg to
handle alternate memory spaces (like the x86 floating point register
stack).  Maybe a new rtx like `altmem' or even something like `mem2'
which has a second const int argument indicating the memory space for
processors that support multiple memory spaces.

Michael.