Re: elided copy constructors

In article <199903192356.PAA03038@adsl-206-170-148-33.dsl.pacbell.net> you write:

>  o Fix it yourself.  This alternative is guaranteed to bring results,
>    if you work hard enough, but will probably take a lot of time,
>    and, depending on the quality of your work and the perceived
>    benefits of your changes, your code may or may not ever make it
>    into an official release of EGCS.

This is false, plain and simple.

This alternative is NOT guaranteed to bring results. You may just be stupid
enough that you won't be able to fix it, or you may have stumbled into such
an horrid bug that extensive surgery to the whole compiler may be necessary,
in which case approach two is the only one that will work.

Stating that, with hard work, anyone is able to fix anything, is just
political correctness at its worst.

(and, to be more precise about this: we all have limitations. I know
I do have limitations, which have nothing to do with time and hard work...
there is stuff I can do, and there is stuff I never will be able to)