Re: Upgrading a Redhat 5.2 system

Pablo Frank wrote:
>     The programs that are seg-faulting are ones that I compiled (stuff from
> work).  Other than Linuxthreads and the standard C and C++ libraries, it
> doesn't depend on any particular library.  The other thing that started seg
> faulting was make 1.77 that I compiled against the new libraries.

Hmm, this sounds a lot like the problems I was having when I tried to
upgrade my RH 4.2 (4.0?) system to egcs/glibc2*.  I believe my solution
was to make sure all my C++ linking was done using g++ rather that gcc
as g++ got the libs right while gcc didn't.

* That setup got nuked and is now RH 5.1.

BTW, where can I get recent binutils RPMs?  Is rawhide.redhat.com
mirrored anywhere (I can't get it recently)?

Bill
--
Leave others their otherness