egcs-1.1.2 status

egcs-1.1.2 should be considered frozen.  If you're sending a patch for
egcs-1.1.2, it will be rejected unless:

	a. It is a critical showstopper problem.  Something bad enough that
	   a release of the code would be embarrassing and a regression
	   against egcs-1.1.1.   -- or --

	b. It is a change I've asked for.  -- or --

	c. It is a change I've OK'd, but hasn't yet been installed
	   (I believe there is a Fortran change of this nature still
	   outstanding).

Outstanding issues that we will try to address before the release:

	1. Ability to specify an installation directory for cpp.

	2. Possibly fixing additional weak symbol issues with libc-5.4.xx.

There's definitely some problems that haven't been addressed.  This is
unfortunate, but releases ca not be perfect.  I have confidence that this
release does address the most serious issues found in egcs-1.1.1, particuarly
the most common compiler aborts and code generation errors.

So, the plan is to resolve #1, #2, a, b & c, update the version #s in
all necessary locations spin a final test release, update the web page
and go.

jeff