Re: Why don't we just FIX the damn vthunk problem?

> Same.  Ok, I'm now confused as you what you meant.  If you meant vbase
> pointers, yes, those are part of object layout, and they must be done
> before object initialization.

This is getting complicated. Yes, I was talking about vbase pointers,
as Jason suggested to use them to pass the array of vtables. They get
initialized right when the most-derived class calls all vbase
constructors. Other base classes currently find some vtable in the
vptrs of the vbases :-)

The problem I see is with mixing old and new code. If Jason's approach
is used consistently in the entire hierarchy, it'll work.

Regards,
Martin