Re: Error: Install and Test

Answer to one of my own questions:

>configure:5804: checking for tgetent in -ltermcap
>configure:5823: gcc -o conftest -O6   -DDBUG_OFF   -rdynamic conftest.c
-ltermcap  -ldl -lnsl -lm   -lcrypt  -lpthread 1>&5
>/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ltermcap: No such file or directory
>
>I found
>/usr/lib/libterm.so.2 and
>/usr/lib/libterm.so.2.0.8
I found that I had to install the termcap and ncurses libraries from my
Redhat distribution CD.  Once I did that the program build and ran perfectly.

Now I have another conceptual question arising out of my newbie experience:
I just installed a new egcs compiler but it uses libraries created by
someone else.  I thought libraries were best created by the compiler for
better integration.  If that is the case, how does one go about creating
all the necessary libraries using the ecgs compiler?