Error: Install and Test

I installed and tested egcs-1.1.1.tar.gz as instructed.

I backup up /usr/bin/gcc and all the other files that were created in
/usr/local/bin by the egcs- install.  I create symbolic links in /usr/bin
to the files in /usr/local/bin:

from /usr/bin:
ln -s /usr/local/bin/gcc

And so on for all the files I found in /usr/local/bin

I did a short test - hello world and that worked fine.

Then I went to install the latest MySQL source, I the the following error
during the configuration:

configure:5804: checking for tgetent in -ltermcap
configure:5823: gcc -o conftest -O6   -DDBUG_OFF   -rdynamic conftest.c
-ltermcap  -ldl -lnsl -lm   -lcrypt  -lpthread 1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -ltermcap: No such file or directory

I found
/usr/lib/libterm.so.2 and
/usr/lib/libterm.so.2.0.8

Any ideas?

As well, I cannot seem to get man to read the egcs man pages:
I backed up /usr/man/man1/gcc.1 etc.  Then I created symbolic links to
/usr/local/man/man1 for all the files egcs installed.

man gcc still brings up the original gcc man page?