Re: A cpp patch for egcs 1.0.2 (fwd)

  In message <m1073Cy-000392C@ocean.lucon.org>you write:
  > Here is my old cpp patch.
Thanks.  Mostly OK, though there a few unresolved issues.

First, the substitution of SHELL is wrong -- At the time we do the
substitution SHELL is for the build machine, not the host machine.

I've removed the SHELL subsitution for now, /bin/sh ought to be pretty
safe for unixy boxes.

The linux specific installation of cpp into a directory _outside_ of
$prefix is bogus.  I've removed it.  If the linux distributors want to
install cpp into /lib, then they can provide a suitable installation
pathname for it.

We should never write outside of $prefix unless explicitly requested at
configure time.

I've made those changes and installed the patch.

An open issue -- does anyone know if Cygwin needs a $exeext extension for
a shell script?  I'm not familiar enough with that platform to know either
way.  Or is this stuff totally useless on cygwin?

I've also got to update the configure documentation on the web to know about
the new configure time options.

Jeff