Help with dejagnu install?

I'm installing the modified dejagnu on the egcs server and am confused
about several things.

On the machine I'm installing in, I've already installed the latest tcl
and tk.  I'd also like to generally install expect.  However, the
dejagnu distribution also comes with versions of these.  I'd like to end
up with publicly usable versions of all three.  If I keep separate
installations, then each can be upgraded separately when they are
released.  The main problem I'm having is that I can't figure out how to
build dejagnu using already installed expect and tcl rather than ones
sitting in the same tree.

On our 9.05 systems I already ran into conflicts between publicly
installed tcl and expect and the dejagnu-packaged versions.

Should I always be installing the 3 as a single package?  Should tk also
be included in this build process rather than separately?

Help?

Thanks,

--
Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn@nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505