Re: Question about compiler-supplied assignment and copy with egcs.

 > With that in mind, I could probably supply a draft of a working valarray
 > header that will do as the standard requests and avoid some temporaries
 > with argument passing and return.

The libstdc++ rewrite already has a version of valarray, so it might be
more useful for you to work on improving that one.  If you're interested in
helping with the library, you should join the libstdc++ v3 mailing list.
See

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/libstdc++/

for more info.

Jason