Re: as problem on sgi

> Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 19:52:14 -0500
> To: egcs@egcs.cygnus.com
> From: Paul Derbyshire <pderbysh@usa.net>

> New C++ ABI?

I'll refer you to the documentation.  We wrote it so that you can read
it.  While I wish that we had large amount of time so that we can
spoon feed everyone that has questions to just ask us instead of
having to try and find the answer in the documentation, unfortunately
on the planert we live on, time is money and there are way too many
users to help them all by answering such questions.

> On a side note: Why is glibc gone... "political reasons"??? It's open
> source software for heaven's sake.

I too am slightly interested in this, but political discussions of
other random packages don't below on egcs.  It is therefore also wrong
to ask for such a discussion.

egcs is for disscussion of compilers (if you want to broaden it some)
and the particular compiler hosted by the sites listed at
egcs.cygnus.com, postings other that those that deal with the
technical details of compilers, don't belong here.  Could you please
try and limit topics discussed to egcs please, thanks.  egcs is
already high enough volume without having other random topics on it.
If left unchecked, we are in danger of loosing compiler experts
because the volume is too high and of too low quality.  Help us keep
the quality of the list high.

Do we need a talk.egcs?  (Or egcs-help if you prefer.)