Re: Stabilization status

On 19 Feb 1999 craig@jcb-sc.com wrote:
> These users don't appreciate having information deliberately withheld,
> though they need to recognize some info simply wasn't available during
> their "gathering time".
> [...]
> So, for a rapidly evolving (bazaar-development-style) project like
> egcs, it might make sense to kick documentation of the more fluid
> aspects of the product to the Web pages.

I believe the way to go here is to add that kind of documentation to
the distribution for releases and snapshots and also put an up-to-date
version of that documentation on the web, where the URL is specified
also in the distributed version.

We already to that for our FAQ

  EGCS Frequently Asked Question

  The latest version of this document is always available at
  http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html.

and c++bugs.html (soon to become bugs.html), and I will add this for
the installation notes as well. (The latter is important so that we
can spread information about vendor patches and similiar issues, which
may become known only after the release has been rolled out.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/