Re: Stabilization status

1. Make and keep the documentation current if at all possible. For instance, I found no instance of the '-m' switch on the manpage and in the help, it does not give any mention as to the processors it will support [I found out about
-mpentiumpro through fooling around, which, although fun, should be unnecessary].
2. Provide a source trace for what stage of compilation goes where. For instance, something like this [I have looked but, have been unable to locate this file]:
When compiling a program, comments are stripped in file blah.c, then the preprocessor function includes(...) is called to determine and extract the functions from the library, etc.
3. Since most, if not all, egcs developers are on the internet, these should ideally be stored on high-bandwidth servers. This will reduce the size of my CVS repository for the compiler by elimating all the texinfo/ directory and a few more things.

--
Hasan Diwan

PGP signature