Re: gdb

The top level makefile of egcs and many of the GNU toolchain packages
allows for an entire toolchain to be built in one pass if you have the
software source to each of the packages unpacked and in the proper
directory structure.  GDB is one of those packages and thus it is
referenced in the egcs top level makefile.

Since gdb is not part of the source distribution for egcs, and you did not
manually download gdb source and unpack it into the egcs source
directories, gdb was not built or installed.

The simplest way to fix your problem is to download the gdb sources and
install them seperately becuase there is no reason to try and rebuild the
compiler.

--
Brian Ford
Software Engineer