Re: What's the deal with ld and cygwin32??

At 04:01 PM 2/15/99 +0100, I wrote:
> `configure' of binutils takes a HUGE time because everytime it goes
>`checking for ld used by GCC' it takes a LONG time just to figure out
>`ld is not GNU ld' (??!!). But at least it works. When I configure gdb,
>it just refuses to use it. Any ideas?

Well, it is ltconfig's fault. ltconfig looks for `ld', not `ld.exe'.
Setting LD to the proper absolute path bypasses the above problem.

Fernando D. Mato Mira
Real-Time SW Engineering & Networking
Advanced Systems Engineering Division
CSEM - Centre Suisse d'Electronique et de Microtechnique
Jaquet-Droz 1                                                                    Email:   matomira AT acm DOT org
CH-2007 Neuchatel                                                            Phone:    +41 (32) 720-5152
Switzerland                                                                       FAX:        +41 (32) 720-5720

http://www.csem.ch/         http://www.vrai.com/          http://ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html