include files problem

Hi,

I was trying to compile libstdc++ v3 from the cvs source on my
FreeBSD-2.2.8-stable machine. This system comes with gcc-2.7.2.1 out of
the box, but I installed the FreeBSD port of egcs-1.1.1.

Since I was experimeting problems compiling libstdc++, it has been
suggested that my egcs setup was not proper. It seems to boil down to an
include file problem such that when egcs was built/installed, not all
the header files would have been built/installed.

This leads to my question: is a full built of egcs supposed to install
ALL the header files it needs, or will it still rely on the "native"
system's header files to compile user programs. For example, Benjamin
Koznik, maintainer of stdlibc++ v3, has the stddef.h header in

/nfs/rhino/plate/bkoz/H-x86-egcs/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/egcs-2.93.04/include/stddef.h

while on my system the only 2 versions of that file are in /usr/include
and /usr/include/g++/std.

Why isn't this file, and apparently some others, not built/installed
when I build egcs ? I saw some references to fixincludes on the mailing
list. Could it have something to do with that ?

Thanks for any info on the subject.

--
Luc Morin    <luc_m@videotron.ca>
Electrical Engineering Technologist