Re: glibc2.1 [offtopic]

It sounds to me that we have a problem.  Glibc2.1 was announced to the
net, with a clear recommendation to replace glibc2.0.[1]  I think there's
going to be a bunch of unhappily surprised folks if they find all
their c++ binaries break - including all of kde, for example.  I don't
think this was clearly spelled out in the glibc2.1 release notes.  If
I understand this situation correctly, I suggest the glibc2.1
announcement be ammended to spell this out more clearly.

Footnotes:
[1]  Yes, I know there are cautions that tell you not to try to
install glibc2.1 yourself unless you know what you are doing, but just
the same, IMHO if we already know that all c++ binaries will break we
ought to tell everyone a lot more clearly.