Re: Vendor Fortran libraries

>Would it make sense to patch g77 to detect and optionally use this
>library?  I can do up the patch quite easily if there is interest.

Sounds pretty cool.  I wonder, though, if the new library is not
yet recognized as being as "solid" as the existing one, if users
would really want use of it to be a silent default.  That could
be especially confusing when multiple people are working on multiple
workstations, only some of which have the new library, causing some
of them to see bugs in the behavior of programs they compile with
g77 that others don't see when *they* compile the exact same programs.

        tq vm, (burley)