Re: mutex in frame code

>>>>> Richard Henderson writes:

Richard> If we commonize on anything, I think it should be `arch' and `tune';
Richard> `cpu' is too ambiguous.

	I repeat again that -march= provides the wrong information for the
PowerPC port.  One wants a simple way to specify both architecture and
scheduler tuning; -mcpu= provides that information.  -march= primarily is
useful for processors in which each chip extended the architecture like
x86 and Alpha, not for processors where an ISA was designed and maintained
like PowerPC.

David