Re: autoconf between stages. was: java fails to build

[ various descriptions of failures and rationales for '#define inline' ]

>   > 	Forgive me for saying so, but the approach below is completely
>   > wrong.  The file config.in is a generated file.  If you remove the line

> Yup.  I doubt he was suggesting it be included as-is.

It was certainly not meant to be considered a correct way to solve the
problem.   I meant to point out that this was one _specific_ kludge that
was causing the problem.

>   > stage2 and later.  Give me a little time and I'll work something out
>   > hopefully today or tomorrow and create a patch.

> tree yet, so another hack to hold us over a little while, then we sit down
> and do it right (and likely break the tree for a while in the process).

If Kaveh swings and misses with his approach (and I have no reason to
suspect he will since he clearly understands the autoconf issues far
better than I do) I'll tackle the specific case in the java front end
that's causing me grief.

RJL