Re: autoconf between stages. was: java fails to build

> > Exactly what part of the Makefile is supposed to rerun autoconf to
> > regenerate this between passes?
>
> Someone submitted patches to do this, they were rejected as I recall.
> So we don't rerun autocont.  Jeff Law I think had a solution

We may have to revisit this since bootstrapping on hosts that don't
support 'inline' is now broken.  Whether that means rerunning autoconf
or just plastering over the specific Java code in question is something
I don't really have feelings about.

> On a side not, if you bootstrap and install gcc (LANGUAGES=C), then
> forever after only bootstrap with gcc, then it will work.  Quite a few

I'm hip with that, but if the goal of testing is to insure the
buildability with 'make bootstrap' on systems where GCC isn't the system
compiler, we've just defeated ourselves.

I did just finish bootstrapping the chain today by removing the '#define
inline' from auto-host.h between stage1 and stage2.  So this really is
the only new problem at hand.

Point me in the right direction and I'll try to implement it.

RJL