Re: egcs project wanted...

  In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9901251858080.18343-100000@lacrosse.redhat.com>you
write:
  > I'd love to volunteer to help with one of the projects listed in
  > egcs/gcc/PROJECTS, but unfortunately I don't yet know enough about
  > compilers to understand the details of each project, and from the looks of
  > it the file isn't particularly up-to-date either (dead store elimination,
  > for example, is listed on egcs.cygnus.com as being already done).
Actually local dead store elimination just got done.  We still need a global
version (works on an entire function instead of within basic blocks).

Stuff in the PROJECTS file is still relatively current.

Other possibilities might include extending the local register alloctor to
work on extended basic blocks (instead of normal basic blocks).  Similarly for
the combine optimizer.

jeff