Re: multiple definitions of 'xxx keyed to...' in egcs-1.1.1

>> > The egcs mailing list. You can find it at
>>
>> >	http://egcs.cygnus.com
>>
>> I know.  More specifically at
>>	http://egcs.cygnus.com/lists.html
>>
>> But there's egcs-announce, egcs, egcs-bugs, egcs-patches, egcs-cvs,
>> and egcs-testsresults.  Some more likely than others, granted.  But
>> many of them high volume and with fairly large indexes.

> I said "the egcs mailing list.", not "the egcs-patches mailing list."

Like I said, some were more likely than others.  But to be unambious
it would be better to word yourself something like this:

 "See my message to the egcs mailing list
	http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs/
  in January 1999, with the subject '...'"

or even (if you felt in a exceptionally good and helpful mood that
day):

 "See my message to the egcs mailing list
	http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs/1999-Jan/0712.html
  for egcs 1.1.1 on linux"

There's this little thing called a URL, that used correctly (ie. to
refer to a specific resource instead of a site containing the
resource(*)) can save authors a lot of time in explanation and readers
a lot of time in guessing and wandering through web sites.

- Steinar

(*) Side note and off-topic: my major HTML frames nag, is that it
    makes it harder to boomark a particular resource.