Re: Can we remove bison output from cvs?

> The main cost is checking in the generated files whenever the source
> files
> are changed.
> Although it should be possible to do this automatically on the server
> side, but that'll need someone to tinker with the configuration to get
> it running.

Not very hard.  Attached is a script I threw together after dinner last night.
There are actually three files:

1.  rules.sh   the script that does the work.

2.  rules.def  describes the dependencies and commands to transform
               the sources into the generated files (incomplete)

3.  submit.tpl hieroglyphics that direct the transformation of #2 into #1
               don't bother with this unless you are *really* interested.

rules.sh

rules.def

submit.tpl