Re: stabilization issues ppc-linux

  In message <4.1.19990112105131.038e31f0@mail.lauterbach.com>you write:
  > Ok, with these 2 patches cvs-egcs bootstraps fine again on a glibc-2.0.108
OK.  Good.

  > (I wish there was anonymous cvs for binutils/gas too).
It's in the works, same with gdb.  I don't know the rollout plans though.

  > Jeff, your initial email suggested that you had problems bootstrapping even
  > with a recent gas-snapshot. Did you use non-standard BOOT_CFLAGS for that?
I was going to try another bootstrap after rth's recent fixes, but the
ppc-linux box I've been using isn't responding.

I've tried normal bootstraps, bootstraps with -O2 -static and a -O0 -static,
each failed.  Though the -static ones got the furthest.

I suspect at least part of the problem is the lame-o 1.99 glibc variant on
that box.

jeff