Re: Multiple cse and loop opts

  In message <199901110429.WAA30945@isua5.iastate.edu>you write:
  >   That seems to be the case.  I ran a version of cc1 and cc1plus over some
  > more sane code and saw _very_ little improvement.  It was meant as more of
  > a test to see if I could get the two loops to come out with the same
  > assembly.
OK.

  >   I can try to look at this especially if someone could suggest a good
  > starting approach.  The rtl for the two loops should be very
  > similar after the first CSE, I suspect.
Yes.  I'm kind of suprised that neither cse nor the jump pass after cse
removed the switch with no real body.  I believe both passes have the
capability of doing this.

  >   What I do not quite understand is if the body of a loop is removed
  > why not remove the loop itself as well?
What exactly are you referring to?  I believe when the body of a loop is
removed we may keep the notes around, which is dubious.  Nobody's gotten
around to seeing if deleting those notes is safe and profitable yet.

jeff