Re: testsuite removal

 Joe> Jeff again:
 >> Because the testsuite will be considered part of the compiler.
 >>
 >> We're not changing anything in regardles of the runtime libraries.

I don't understand what is the advantage of considering the testsuite
as part of the compiler but not regaring the essential runtime as so.
But if assignments aren't required as said earlier, then I don't see
how it can be.

 Joe> Note that the goal is to have a test suite that will always be
 Joe> shipped with the compiler.

OK, but `ships with' /= `is part of'.

 Joe> That doesn't prevent the existence of larger test suites that
 Joe> developers might use.

Obviously not, but presumably we want test to be done on systems to
which the developers don't have access.

Please find a way to ship unassigned code with clear copyright.  I
have a pile of it which I'd like to resume work on.